In times of market volatility.
To Our Clients:
First of all, thank you for the opportunity to be a trusted advisor for your financial planning & investment needs. We take our responsibility very seriously and know it's important to you to be informed about the status of your financial plan and investment accounts.
After several years of very low volatility and new market highs, the last few months have reacquainted us with market volatility.
It is our goal to have done a good job of assessing your risk tolerance and time horizon to build a portfolio that will meet your long term investment needs. We hope to have achieved this during the conversations we've had at our review meetings about market cycles and the inevitable return of market volatility and potential losses during those cycles.
None of us know what the future will hold, but we do know that the path to long term success in the market is comprised of a few key principles:
- Develop a sound strategy, and stick with it unless something significant has fundamentally changed.
- Keep fees in check. We use investment options that keep fees much lower than industry average!
- Stay consistent. Choosing to 'change horse mid-race' introduces additional risk to the portfolio at exactly the wrong time.
- For those that are still in the accumulation phase, a market downturn represents an opportunity to buy the same assets at a reduced price, as hard as it may be to see it that way at the time.
- Stay focused on your long term goals. Stay calm even when it seems tough.
If you do have any questions or concerns, we are available. We want you to feel confident in your financial future!
Bridge Financial Planning